The holidays are over, the excitement of Christmas and the new year have subsided, and all we’re left to show for it are a few extra pounds, more clutter around the house, and the chaos of our old routine. According to behavioral scientists, a habit of happy people is to always have something planned for the future, an event, a trip, a wedding, a new addition to the family, etc. Having your sights set on something encourages forward movement, motivation, and even optimism.
What better way to cure the winter blues that planning a trip? Even better, a trip to the happiest place on earth – Disney World! Now, let me stop you there, I know what you’re thinking: “It’s too overwhelming! How do I know I’m getting a good deal? Can we even afford it?!”
This is where I come in – have no fear, Rebecca the Vacationeer is here! After years of searching, I have found a healthy and extremely fun outlet for my self-diagnosed obsessive scheduling habits – vacation planning. I take all of the worry out of the scheduling, planning, and details, so that you can simply sit back, and look forward to your dream Disney vacation! The best part is that not only is it FREE to use the services of a vacation planner, I will show you ways to SAVE MONEY throughout your trip!
What do I need to know before I contact a vacation planner?
In order to get the most out of your Disney World vacation, there are a few things you need to decide before you contact a vacation planner. You also want to contact a planner AT LEAST 60 days prior to your departure, that way they can ensure they can book your Fast Passes and Character Dining Experiences. The earlier, the better
- The length of your trip
- When you would like to go
- Your budget
- The speed of your trip: fast-paced or relaxed?
- The focus of your trip: all things princess, all things characters, all things thrill rides and adventure, or a little of everything?
- The scope of your trip: do you want to try and fit in everything imaginable, or will you save things for the next trip you’ll book with me of course!
What is a vacation planner responsible for?
The best answer to this is EVERYTHING! Once you have decided on your answers to the questions above, your vacation planner can begin crafting your dream vacation. They will search for the best deals and provide the following:
- Room reservations
- Park tickets
- Character dining reservations
- Fast Pass reservations
- Dining Plans (there are three levels, and they will provide recommendations for the best fit for your trip)
- Other dining reservations and dining recommendations
- Add-ons (exclusive access attractions)
- Park itineraries (if your planner goes above and beyond, they can provide you with an itinerary built around your fast passes and dining reservations in order for you to make the most of your trip!)
- Packing lists
- Attraction recommendations (parade schedules, shows to catch, etc.)
How will I actually save money?
By enlisting the services of a vacation planner, you are gaining access to the expertise of a planning professional, and you are able to use the services of someone who has been to the park enough times to ensure that you will get the most out of your vacation. After all, Disney is expensive any way you slice it, so you want to consult someone who has experienced all that Disney World has to offer!
- The vacation planner has the ability to easily bundle vacation packages (room reservations, tickets, dining plans, and even transportation can be bundled in order to lower the cost of your trip).
- The vacation planner can compare several variations of vacation packages and send them to you for approval prior to booking. That way you can get an overview of several options in order to determine what categories you want to spend your money on, i.e. resort type, park tickets, dining plans, etc.
- The vacation planner can give you several insider tips to coach you on how to save money throughout your trip – ways to split your dining credits, which resort is the best option, if you should use one-day park tickets, or if the additional cost of the park-hopper is worth it.
- The vacation planner also has access to all of the special offers available during the time of year that you would like to go! Now, we can get you any “travel agent” discounts, but we can make sure that you get the best possible deal available!
- The vacation planner can also advise you as to what is the best use of your money because they have been there, done that!
As you can see, the question to ask yourself isn’t why to use a vacation planner, but why not?! A cure for the winter blues is at your fingertips! Feel free to contact me at [email protected] or (803) 466-7989 to get started today!