School is out, jobs are on hold, many are working from home, and times are stressful. But your next child’s next meal doesn’t have to be. Here’s a list of local resources offering free meals for students during this uncertain time.
- Carver-Lyon Elementary School
- Rosewood Elementary School
- Webber Elementary School
- Southeast Middle School
- St. Andrews Middle School
- Eau Claire High School
- Lower Richland High School
- A.C. Flora High School
Free bag breakfasts and lunches for children up to age 18 are available. Breakfasts will be distributed 7 – 9 a.m. and lunches 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. In an effort to support social-distancing practices, the meals cannot be consumed on site. The meals will be distributed through pick-up lines outside of the school buildings at the following locations:
- Bridge Creek Elementary
- Dent Middle School
- Joseph Keels Elementary
- Killian Elementary School
- Longleaf Middle School
- North Springs Elementary School
- Polo Road Elementary School
- Rice Creek Elementary School
Free meals are available for all children regardless of their meal status during the school year. Pick up will be along the bus rider line at each school with breakfast available from 7 – 9 a.m. and lunch from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Students must be present at the time of pick up. All food is “grab and go.” No food will be consumed onsite.
- Bethune Elementary School
- Blaney Elementary School
- Camden High School
- North Central Middle School
Meal service will be 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. (Monday through Friday), March 17 through the reopening of schools. Items will be individually packaged, to-go food offerings with dietary information on the packaging.
The service is only available for children ages 4 – 18, and children must be present to receive meals. Current feeding sites have been approved by state officials, and additional feeding sites may be added. Additionally, weekend Snack Packs will be delivered to students already receiving these food supply offerings.
- H. E. Corley Elementary School (1500 Chadford Road, Irmo, SC)
- Harbison West Elementary School (257 Crossbow Drive, Irmo, SC)
- Seven Oaks Elementary School (2800 Ashland Road, Columbia, SC)
- Irmo High School (6671 St. Andrews Road, Columbia, SC)
- Dutch Fork High School (1400 Old Tamah Road, Irmo, SC)
- Food offerings will also be provided at two apartment sites in the district: Irmo Village Apartments and River Oaks Apartments
stop by weekdays from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. while school is out. No purchase necessary. Families can either take it to go or eat it at our restaurant. *This offer is valid for children 12 and under, per request, must be accompanied by an adult. Valid at all Eggs Up Grills in the Midlands, but be sure to double check the location before going.