Are you one of those people who has had all of their Christmas shopping done since October? If so, this gift guide is not for you (unless you want to save it for next year!).
But if you, like me, have realized that Christmas is just days away and you haven’t purchased a single gift (WHOOPS), I’m here to save the day! My usual go-to for local gifting is Crafty Feast, so when I found out that the event was taking the year off, (SAD DAY! COME BACK CRAFTY FEAST!) I was devastated! Where will I shop now??
Whenever possible, I like to spend my dollars locally. What could be better than choosing unique gifts for your friends and family that also support our talented friends and neighbors in the community? Here are some great local vendors to help you finish up your Christmas shopping when Amazon Prime just won’t do.
(But also, thank God for Amazon Prime, amiright??)
For Literally Everyone on Your List
Take a spin around Soda City Market one Saturday morning. You can load your reusable tote to the brim with regional wine, hand-crafted olive oil, local honey, locally made chocolate, fine art, jewelry, vintage threads, and so much more! It’s guaranteed you can find something local and fabulous for everyone on your list in one stop (and eat some brunch while you’re at it)!
For the Coffee-Lover
- Insanely delicious, freshly-roasted coffee beans or cold-brew from Loveland Coffee.
- Freshly-roasted beans and a couple of matching mugs from Drip. (A favorite go-to gift I love to give!)
- In my opinion, the best beans in town from Indah Coffee. (A roast so fresh, you’ll lose your mind.)
- Did you know that Curiosity Coffee has a retail section now?? Get some luscious single-origin beans and a quirky mug for your office party and win the gift exchange.
For the Quirky Artist in Your Life
- Have you visited the gift shop at the Columbia Museum of Art lately? They have a beautifully curated selection of local gifts for everyone from seasoned-artists, your toddler nephew, your mother-in-law, and everyone in between! And plus, it’s always tax-free!
- Art and handcrafted plush from the endlessly-talented husband and wife team that makes up JellyKoe. We literally give a piece of JellyKoe art to someone EVERY Christmas, that’s how much we love it.
For the Columbia-Lover in Us All
Columbi-Yeah! t-shirts and koozies (I got one for my husband, and now I want one).
Best-Bet Local Gift Cards
Did you really wait until the last minute (like, on your way to the party last-minute), but still need a thoughtful, local gift? Try a gift card to somewhere unique and amazing:
- Sid & Nancy for your vintage-loving sister.
- Drip, Curiosity Coffee Bar, or Indah Coffee for your caffeine-obsessed BFF.
- Sweet Cream Co. for literally anyone. Who doesn’t love hand-crafted ice cream??
- The Nick for your art-house film lover hipster cousin.
- Ally & Eloise Bakeshop for anyone who loves homemade French macaroons. Which is everyone.