It’s summer. The kids are out of school. However, this mom still has to work!
The work/life/home balance never ends. As a working mom, I plan to take a few days off, but I can’t be home all summer. So I’ve come up with things I’m hoping to accomplish this summer, including some kid-free activities:
- Girls trip with my daughter – my daughter and I just had an overnight trip to Durham to see my sister who is in town from California
- Make it to the beach (any beach!) with the kids at least once, even if it’s a day trip on the weekend
- Pick out a new puzzle and finish it together
- Play board and card games – I’ve been recently going to neighborhood yard sales and collecting games for us to play this summer
- Adult girls trip – my friends and I went to the New Kids on the Block concert – the ultimate Mom’s night out (LOL). We need more.
- Take the kids to a Fireflies baseball game this season
- Teach my tween how to scrapbook – I recently found all of my old scrapbooking materials in a closet and my daughter wants to learn
- Annual physical, biometric screening, bi-annual dental cleaning
- Read at least two new books this summer – if y’all have any recommendations, let me know
- Try a new workout – I just did this last week and went to my first Barre class (it was awesome!)
- Complete one thing I pinned on Pinterest – whether it’s a new recipe, a DIY, or a new hair color
- Go axe throwing – OK, this is just for my own personal entertainment … there is an axe throwing place in Columbia I’ve been wanting to go to
- Take my daughter to a tea room for a tea party
- Get my 3-year-old FULLY potty trained
- Marie Kondo my closet
- Make it to a farmers market at least one Saturday – whether it’s Soda City, Lake Carolina, or the Blythewood Farmer’s Market
- Schedule a massage – Bwahahahaha … mom can dream, right?