Election Day is right around the corner – November 3.
Have you thought about how you are going to vote during a pandemic? Will your children be home that day? Do you feel comfortable standing in long lines to vote? Do you plan on bringing your children with you? How will you make sure every person of voting age in your home will get a chance to vote? Is everyone registered? Who will you vote for? Where will you vote?
NOW is the time to start thinking about all of these questions.
- Already registered to vote? Check your registration (have you moved? changed your name? is everything up to date?).
- If you are not registered, REGISTER! Deadline – Sunday, October 4 at 11:59 p.m.
- Do you have a child in your home who turns 18 on or before November 3, 2020? Register them too.
- Do you want to mail in your votes? South Carolina requires you to request an absentee ballot.
- Before you vote, take a look at your sample ballot. Research what you need to research so that you can make informed decisions.
- Planning on voting in-person on November 3? Make sure you know where to go. Double check the location before leaving your home on Election Day. Things do change at the last minute and you may not be notified.
- Wear a mask and social distance if you vote in person. Be prepared. Bring snacks, hand sanitizer and games (if you bring your kids). Make a plan for when all of the adults in your home will vote. Lines are sure to be long on November 3.
- Get to the poll and have a question about your ballot? Maybe it is different from what you were expecting? ASK QUESTIONS! Have the number on hand for your county’s Election Commission.