I had every intention of sharing an awesome Halloween cake that bled raspberry filling today. Unfortunately, I created my own episode of a Nailed It and uh…”nailed it.” This cake was so ugly it could not be photographed and shared with the world. Also, I should mention that I made two separate attempts at the cake. I gave up as my fridge is full of raspberry red abominations. They do taste good though, so there’s that…
I decided to instead provide you with a fall favorite of mine-Ginger Apple Cider Mimosas! These drinks are well worth the added time to make the apple cider yourself versus buying store bought (it doesn’t take that long, I promise) and can be made kid friendly by substituting sprite or vanilla soda for the champagne.
I recommend cooking up a batch of this tasty cider when you want your house to smell like fall, perhaps before you carve a pumpkin with your family or curl up on the couch for your 13th viewing of Hocus Pocus. Basically, any remotely fall activity would suffice.
Full disclosure, I wholly recommend making a batch and hoarding it for when the kids are in bed or taking a nap. These should me named Momosas…really.
- 3 cups apple juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp all spice
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tbs minced ginger
- 1 bottle champagne or 4 cups sprite/vanilla soda water
1) pour all ingredients except champagne into a small sauce pan on medium heat
2) bring to a boil, reduce to simmer. Simmer 10 minutes
3) allow to cool to room temperature
4) pour the apple cider mixture through a fine strainer to filter out the ginger chunks
5) pop the champagne (or nonalcoholic bubbly), pour into glass, pour apple cider mixture on top to taste,
6) serve and enjoy!