Earth Day is an annual celebration that honors the achievements of the environmental movement and raises awareness of the need to protect Earth’s natural resources for future generations. It is designed to educate and inspire the people of this planet to take a step forward in their efforts to make a difference in the environment. To help kids celebrate, here are some fun, free printables as well as activities you can do with your children to commemorate the day!
How It Works
- Download and print the Earth Day Coloring Pages.
- Color and design your favorite(s) any way you like!
- Display in your window, on the fridge or anywhere you see fit!
Additional Ways to Celebrate Earth Day
- Go on a scavenger hunt. Look for different outdoor items. While you complete your hunt, pick up any litter you find.
- Plant a tree, flower, or plant. Your kids will enjoy watching it grow.
- Make a bird feeder out of recycled materials. You can use plastic bottles, oranges, empty cartons, or even toilet paper rolls.
- Teach your kids to recycle and explain how it helps our environment. Show them how to sort trash and the different recyclable items.
- Read or watch The Lorax with your kids.