National Peanut Butter Day is January 24, and I can honestly say that I’m looking forward to celebrating with my family! Whether you’re Team Creamy or Team Crunchy, there’s no denying the versatility and mouthwatering taste of peanut butter. My family loves peanut butter, and we eagerly partake of this yummy spread every chance we get.
If you’re looking for a fun way to enjoy National Peanut Butter Day with your family, try one of these simple, delicious ideas! They each only call for a few ingredients and your kids can join you in the kitchen to put them together!
1. Homemade Peanut Butter
If you’ve ever wanted to try making your own peanut butter, this is a great time. You’ll just need a food processor. My little ones are always fascinated by how the ingredients transform in a matter of minutes!
- 16oz bag roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place all your ingredients in a food processor for 4-5 minutes. Stop as needed to scrape peanuts from the sides and keep going until you reach your desired consistency.
- Add more salt, oil, and honey to taste.
- Enjoy by the spoonful or in your favorite recipes!
2. No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
My kids love packing these in their lunch boxes, and they’re also fantastic for breakfast.
- 2 cups oats
- 1.5 cups peanut butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup dried fruit (we like raisins and dried cranberries)
- 1/3 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- In a medium bowl, mix the oats, salt, honey, and peanut butter.
- Fold in the dried fruit and coconut flakes.
- Press the mixture into an 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper and let firm up in the fridge for about one hour.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Makes about 16 bars.
3. Apple Nachos
With so many great flavors and textures, apple nachos are the ultimate after-school snack!
- 1 apple sliced
- Dash of cinnamon
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- sweetened shredded coconut
- mini chocolate chips
- chopped pecans
- Arrange the sliced apples on a plate and lightly sprinkle the cinnamon.
- Microwave the peanut butter for about 15 seconds, just to give it a slightly melty consistency. Use a spoon to drizzle it over the apple slices.
- Top the apples with as much coconut, chocolate chips, and pecans as you like.
4. Peanut Butter and Banana Toast
This is such a wholesome, satisfying way to start the day!
- Whole wheat bread
- Peanut butter
- Banana slices
- Lightly toast a slice of bread.
- Spread peanut butter on the bread and top with banana slices.
5. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
When someone in your home is craving a sweet treat, this perfectly portioned mug cake is exactly what you need.
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp milk (I use almond milk, but your favorite type of milk will work)
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, milk, and peanut butter in a mug.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 60-90 seconds, until the cake rises and the top is firm.
- Let cool for about a minute and enjoy warm!